■ Standby mode and display indicators
When the phone is ready for use, and you have not keyed in any characters, the
phone is in standby mode. The indicators related to different phone functions are
described throughout this guide.
2004 Nokia. All rights reserved.
1. Shows the name of the network in which the phone
is being used, or the operator logo.
2. Shows the signal strength of the cellular network at
your current location. The higher the bar, the
stronger the signal.
3. Shows the battery charge level. The higher the bar,
the more power in the battery.
4. The left selection key is
5. The right selection key can be
or the function (for example
that you have selected with the
Right selection key
setting in the
menu (see page
), or it may have a name or logo specific to a
shows the functions defined with the
Select Go to options
• Operator-specific key opens the operator’s homepage.